11 month old with newborn poops?

My 11 month old son today has been pooping like a newborn. His poops are yellow and seedy, like a newborn's poop is. Is this normal? What could be causing this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you been feeding him something new? Does it seem as if his tummy is upset? I know when my DD eats too much dairy, her poops are more yellow. Not sure if that helps.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:17 PM on May. 19, 2010

• He's been drinking cows milk (whole milk mixed with his formula) but he's been on that for over a week now...so i don't think it would cause this over a week later...other than that, nothing new.
    Anonymous

• my dd had this around that age and it was the lactose that was causing it. she is lactaid brand milk now. if it continues... may be a lactose intolerance. My dd's got to the point where is was almost neon yellow and very smelly. try a carton of Lactaid milk and see if that clears it up.
    tiffanyrachelle

Answer by tiffanyrachelle at 2:09 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I would also agree with it possibly being from the milk. Sometimes milk doesn't effect the system unless it is repeatedly exposed to it. They may not be completely lactose intolerant, but they may have some sensitivity to it. I would recommend either sticking with formula for a few more months (they even have special kind for kids over 1) or trying some form of lactose free.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 2:51 PM on May. 19, 2010