Has anyone tried any of those detox things? I was thinking about trying one before I started a dieting. Any thoughts?

afroehlich

Asked by afroehlich at 12:26 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I used a nutritional cleansing program. It is all natural and healthy. It is not a colon cleanse. It is a total body cleanse. I lost 18 lbs last summer and have kept it off for almost 9 months now. I have info on a blog that I started -

http://simplecleansing.blogspot.com/

Message me if you have questions or want to know more. Or you can email me through the contact info on my blog.

mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 12:35 PM on May. 19, 2010

• often, extra weight is the result of poor eating habits, so you are probably already undernourished. be very cautious when using a detox product before you actually build up your system. if you are looking to lose weight through detox, you can do that with gradually detoxing your body by better eating habits: avoid additives/preservatives/steroids, etc., avoid refined flour and sugar. probiotics can help clear the yeast that forms in your digestive system and clear the way for your body to function properly to detox itself. yogurt that contains sugar is not a good probiotic - sugar is part of the problem. eat both soluble and non-soluble fiber - one helps clean your blood and the other helps clean your digestive system. you can supplement with detox juices (basically a natural no sugar added juice can do the same thing - AVOID aspartame and other synthetic sugars). also, you can use unpasteurized apple cider vinegar & honey.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:39 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I read in a health book that drinking green drinks in a juice fast for a day are great for detoxing your system, but I haven't tried it. Do a lot of research, detoxing can be dangerous if done wrong.
    AngelOnBoard

Answer by AngelOnBoard at 12:41 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Yes - detoxing can be dangerous if not done properly. With the program I used a vital comonent was replacing the body's needed nutrients and "rebalancing" the body. I also had a support person to guide me through the process every step of the way.

I did a ton of research before choosing which program to follow. I found that the program I used (http://simplecleansing.blogspot.com)was the best for me.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 12:48 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I tried one of those all natural juice detox's for 48hrs and it sucked! I was absolutely starving and I finally gave in after the second day. My mom tried it too but she didnt like it either.
    Anonymous

• i agree with figar!
    i would like to add that when you eat properly, there will be no need to take extra measures to cleanse. i find eating salads with really dark thick greens are very good! greens like swiss chard, kale, spinach, rapini, mustard, and collard are great! you can start small, and add one of the above good greens to the greens that you currently make your salads with. keep adding more good greens, and start to eliminate the others.
    good luck on your road to better health!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:26 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I did a detox with Slimquick. It is not a juice diet or anything like that. You take the 2 tablets twice a day with a sensible meal plan. I felt better and slept better when doing it. I did poop more than usual. However the benifits out weight the pooping. LOL, really made me feel healthier and cleaner. I lost a few pounds too. So it jump started my fitness and healthy eating.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:49 PM on May. 19, 2010

• i did a 3 day cleanse that is in relation to the supplement shake im on.. it was awesome.. i felt great afterward and lost an extra 2 lbs..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 4:18 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Thanks everyone!! I'm going to do a lot of research before I do anything. I need to get in better health, and shape!! I also need more energy!!!
    afroehlich

Answer by afroehlich at 9:07 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Yes Detox, I used Arbonne's 7 day detox....it works great and you are not chained to the toilet.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 9:54 AM on May. 24, 2010