How can I get the smell off of her HEAD?!

My Fur baby was rolling around in the grass, and unfortunately was rolling in a old dead withered bird, well I gave her a bath and it took the smell out, but her head still smells, now as I was growing up I was told not to wash a dogs head ? So is this true? and if so how can I clean her up so her head doesnt stink ?

Btw she has medium length hair , if that helps any . Thanks in Advance :)

colbysmommie95

Asked by colbysmommie95 at 12:45 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Pets

• tomato paste. works like a charm. good luck. =)
    AngelOnBoard

Answer by AngelOnBoard at 12:49 PM on May. 19, 2010

• and you CAN wash her head! just try not to get soap in her eyes.
    AngelOnBoard

Answer by AngelOnBoard at 12:50 PM on May. 19, 2010

• OP
    Thanks AngelOnBoard !
    I was unsure and didnt want to go ahead and try it and something bad happen :(

colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 12:52 PM on May. 19, 2010

• dog shampoo is made specifically for dogs...you should use that..it won't burn their eyes...you need to wsh their head just as the rest of thier bodies..be careful not to get the water into their nose and just use a wash cloth to clean out the ears. *S*
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:00 PM on May. 19, 2010

• OP

Thanks also mamakirs . Im about to go to petsmart to get some. But I had to give her a quick bath because of the bird, but also her previous owner didnt take much care of her, and she smelled like pee .
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 1:05 PM on May. 19, 2010

• you could also use baby shampoo on her head/face since it is tear free cause not ALL dog shampoo is gentle enough for eyes.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 2:10 PM on May. 19, 2010

• You can wash her head. Use baby shampoo. Try not to get water in her ears or up her nose. Put some cotton in them.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:14 AM on May. 20, 2010

• When I'm bathing a dog, my own or those of customers, I always hold the dog's head up. Point the nose to the sky, and then gently wet their head from just behind the eyes back, if need be I lower the head to slightly wet the sides of the face, or use my hand to spread the water over the sides. You can get drops to put into the eye to protect them from the soap, because even baby shampoo can irratate the eye at times. Cotton in the ears is always good for keeping the majority of water out, remember to remove it as soon as possible, and then use dry cotton balls to wipe the inside to help reduce any chance of an ear infection.
    jojuzach

Answer by jojuzach at 10:51 AM on May. 21, 2010