Any advice about a blister on my son's butt?

I need everyone's help. My son is almost 7 months, and for nearly 4 months he's had a blood blister on his inside cheek of his butt. It's hard to keep it dry besides putting powder on after every change. It looks like it's healing and then it opens and bleeds again. I am very concerned because it's gone on for a while. My husband and I have seen the doctor several times and made calls to the nurse line, they all say to keep it dry, leave it alone.
We of course couldn't do that because it wasn't improving. So we tried Denstin, butt paste and vaseline. Nothing has worked. And I'm running out of options.
A couple of background things, He is teething, and it started out as a little mark and got worse and worse. Has anyone ever experienced this? And what did you do to make it better? *** please I'm a concerned mother and I am reaching out to anyone who can help. Thanks in advance!!

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 12:55 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd had a blister for a while, i don't think it ever bled, if it did it wasn't bad. i kept vaseline on it until i was able to get cream, and let her run around without a diaper on. i got A&D cream for it, and after a couple days it finally went away. i don't put baby powder on her butt, maybe you should just do the cream and not the powder? also try to change him more often, and let him run around naked. if you're worried about him peeing, run to the store and get the gerber thick underwear, or get the plastic "underwear" that used to go over the cloth diapers before they became advanced. Gerber sells those too. you have to let the blister breath. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:03 PM on May. 19, 2010

• cornstarch to keep it dry. holding warm milk on blisters (cotton ball) is supposed to help, but i don't know about on an open wound...
    Best of luck!
    AngelOnBoard

Answer by AngelOnBoard at 1:04 PM on May. 19, 2010

• what diapers are u using? If you didn't hear one of the major brand just came out with new diapers and this has happened to many.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 2:00 PM on May. 19, 2010

• WE use Huggies!!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:21 PM on May. 19, 2010

• No it was the new dry max pampers was causing this in some.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 10:38 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Turns out it was an anal fistula, he had surgery in Oct 10 on it, it took forever to get answers, but we finally did. Thanks Ladies for your responses!
    Sillylins

Comment by Sillylins (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2011