Would you allow your 16 year old daughter to date a 2o almost 21 year old man?

Even if you have known him longer then she has, and think hes a pretty good guy?

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Hell no.

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:59 PM on May. 19, 2010

• NO!! All that 21 year old has on his mind is sex. You said it, he's a MAN. A 16 year old needs to focus on school not dating someone that much older.

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:59 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Nope - too much difference in maturity at those ages.

Answer by missanc at 1:00 PM on May. 19, 2010

• YEs I would. If he is a good guy and will treat my DD right of course I would. That's what 4 years almost 5 years difference. Hell yes I would!!!

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 1:02 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I don't know. When I was 16 I was dating a 19 almost 20yo man. And now I have his child.

• absolutly not, why would a 21 year old man want to date a 16 year old girl, he's either very immture or wants to steal her virginity.

Answer by prettybaby1 at 1:03 PM on May. 19, 2010

• no way! thats asking for trouble. tell her to wait until she is 18. by then the age difference wont be that big of a deal.

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:05 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Negative. I wont allow dating PERIOD til 14-16, depending on the maturity level. And I think boyfriends/potential boyfriends should be in same grade.... POSSIBLY a grade ahead.

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:06 PM on May. 19, 2010

• pretty steal her virginity? Really man really. Is he going to force her to do anything? If you raise your children right they will not do things they feel are wrong. Some women on this site are so closed minded it is sickening. When I was 16 1 month from 17 I started dating my SO he was 24. You all might saqy it was wrong and my mom should have done something about it, however if she did I would not have my awesome SO, my wonderful step sons and most of all my amazingly awesome DD!!! Soul mates see no age!

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 1:07 PM on May. 19, 2010

• if hes a good guy, yes i would. my first serious relationship started when i was 16 and the guy was 20. my mom was fine with it, she met him, he came over for family events, i went to his house, etc.
    guys are more immature then girls are, so theyre probably on the same mentallity.
    im not gonna say that they wont have sex, but everyone has sex. everyone wants to have sex. its going to happen eventually. just talk to her about it & help her be protected.

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:08 PM on May. 19, 2010