why do some people have body odor and others don't

my husband sweats like a dog at work but never smells and never uses anything under his arms...meanwhile his brother has to shower twice a day because of bad body odor no matter what goes under his arms.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• All of the PPs have a point, it has to do with toxicity, that is what causes BO, not just bacteria, not bathing, etc. Your diet has more to do with it than anything.

Since we began eating clean, I quit using deodorant, because I do not need it anymore. My SO rarely uses it either, except when he needs an antiperspirant, like when he will be wearing a suit all day- but that's not for odor control. He's not stinky either, but his little bro, who lives off of junk food & pop, is...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:14 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Some people have more bacteria on their skin
    Anonymous

• could be the difference in their diets. does brother drink? eat lots of junk food? smoke?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:10 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I always thought it depended on what you ate. When you eat onions, you sweat onions. The meat sweats are the worst, but man, it's so yummy to eat that much meat.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:35 PM on May. 19, 2010

• This is the op......

My husband smokes and drinks heavy eats his fair share of meat and starch, sugar and fats oh and he only showers once a week....
    His brother does not smoke or drink but eats the same..
    Anonymous