Shocking Video: Baby Found in Middle of Texas Street. Should the parents of the baby get jail time?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/37229661#37229661

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on May. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I knew of a similar case and no they were not bad parents. They did not go to jail and cps was never involved. The toddler slipped out at nap time and went across a busy road. Then crawled right on in to the school. No one knew the child so law enforcement was called. Parents still sleeping when the police knocked on the door. The toddler's parents did get a new door. Things happen. You assume it was neglect. Maybe. But also maybe not. You poin to how a home looks or the way parents look or talk as assumed guilt. A wealthy person or a poorer person have equal chances of having things go wrong. If it makes you feel better, like a superior parent, I guess you have a need to make assumptions and judge.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 1:53 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I will post the link to help people read your link...

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:13 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Thanks for the link.OP
    Anonymous

• Yes, My speakers don't work, but what I saw was awful. What if the driver hadn't seen this baby? Come on now, we have to protect our children.
    Anonymous

• Absolutley--- jail time and I know people that were guilty of less who lost their children forever!!! CPS will not give them back and their parental rights were terminated.
    Anonymous

• I don't know. I don't see how they can when someone can leave their child in the car over night and the child dies and they do not go to jail. They all claim it is just an accident.
    Anonymous

• That is just insane! I get that kids can slip out of the house, but such a little baby, in the middle of the night, in the street is too much. What the hell were those parents doing and why wasn't the kid in bed?And why was the front door open?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:18 PM on May. 19, 2010

• That is exactly why I have slide locks near the top of our outside doors - in case the kids can open the other locks on their own!! I I have a fear of the kids to get lost in the woods behind our house!! How lucky was that kid for the bus driver!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:19 PM on May. 19, 2010

• At first he thought the ghostly figure might be a dog, but as he approached, the San Antonio driver realised it was a baby wearing just a nappy.

Close call: Bus driver Mike Hubbard sees something up ahead in the  middle of the road and as he gets closer he realises it's a baby

Close call: Bus driver Mike Hubbard sees something up ahead in the middle of the road and as he gets closer he realises it's a baby

Anonymous

• Jail time? Naww.... parenting classes, safety classes, and be monitored by CPS for awhile? Yes yes and hell yes
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:31 PM on May. 19, 2010