Do you know your credit score? the good, the bad, the ugly

If so what is it and what are the reason(s) it is what it is

holy anons, batman !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• Grrrr... mine was really nice until DH took on a business partner who embezzled from the co. We had to file business and personal bk. It was horrific. It's in the high 5's now, but we're working on it.
    Anonymous

• Mine was about 695 or something like that in December. It was very, very bad just 5 years ago so I'm pretty happy with that score!
    Anonymous

• I just had mine pulled and it has gone up 150 points in the last year and is really good. But I have 3 car payments, a mortgage, 3 credit cards, perfect payment history, and a low balance on the credit cards. What makes a good credit score is having revolving debt (cars, bank loans) several credit cards, with the amount owed less than 30% of your income between all. On time payments are very important as well. And when my husband and I got married he added me to a credit card he had since 2003 and it shows on my credit report I have had it since then as well which gives me a long history which is IMO one of the most important pieces.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 1:31 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Mine is in the high 700s...the lender was shocked at how good ours were (hubby and I) when we bought our car a year ago..I imagine its even higher now..
    Anonymous

• Mine is 538 which I happen to be proud of because last September it was 508 and I brought it up on my own. About 2 years ago, it was in the high 400's so I'm happy it's increasing.
    Anonymous

• Um, what's the lowest? I'd guess mines a little lower than what ever that is.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:39 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Last year when we bought our car it was in the mid 700's. I imagine it is still there or a bit higher.
    Anonymous

• 650's last time I checked. Which was over a year ago. But since then we've paid off all our debt, and closed all our accounts, so I'm sure it's plummeting at a rapid pace.

I'm aiming for zero anyway :)
    Anonymous

• Credit score is basically a score that says how much debt you have and whether you pay it on time. It's an "I love debt" score. A good score is 0, which means you have no debt and haven't had debt in years. That means you pay cash for everything, don't finance anything, and never buy what you can't afford.
    Anonymous

• Ours are in the low 800's i have had a foreclosure in the past due to divorce and have worked hard over the past 10 years to get it back. We are working on getting to 850. We have no debt except our mortgage, we paid off our cards and pay the balance on our credit cards each month.
    Anonymous