When will the high school games end?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/19/arizona-official-threatens-cut-los-angeles-power-payback-boycott/

Arizona is threatening to cut off power to LA.

Are we in high school? I think it's completely ridiculous to boycott a state because of a law they passed and I think it's even more ridiculous to threaten to cut off power to an entire city. When will the nonsense end?

onthegoturbo

Asked by onthegoturbo at 1:18 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• onthegoturbo

Answer by onthegoturbo at 1:20 PM on May. 19, 2010

• LA STARTED IT............ LMAO
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:29 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I have no problem with it. LA might wanna stop and think before they start trying to sway another state and its rights!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:31 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I think it's just a little childish. But I do have to admit that it would be hilarious if Arizona really would cut power to LA, maybe they might stop and think about the consequences to their actions.
    onthegoturbo

Answer by onthegoturbo at 1:34 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Good for Arizona! They are just trying to uphold the federal law, protect it's people and it's boarders. I'm sorry that being politically correct when dealing with criminals is impossible. They are doing what's best for a state that is overrun with crime and violence that is spilling over the boarder. If California wants to be jerks they get what they deserve, I hope Arizona cuts off all the power they can. People have to learn that they have to give something up if they want other people to have it. Everyone's life can't be rainbows and sunshine and we can't do everything for everyone it's impossible.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 1:36 PM on May. 19, 2010

• We use boycotts to show our displeasure. I have stopped using many products for many reasons, some have changed the outcome and some haven't I see no reason you should caall boycotting "high schoolish" Anyway, Don't you think it's a bit hipocritical to boycot only the convenient things? LA gets 25% of their power from Arizona so I think if they really want to boycott Arizona then that should go also. It's not like it will plunge LA into darkness, just put a little pressure on them. I don't think they should mind, it will just give them a real reason to conserve energy.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:36 PM on May. 19, 2010

• is it just as high schoolish that LA was boycotting AZ, or is it only highschoolish if its the party you don't agree with?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:56 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I support AZ with their Immigration Law. I think it's childish on both parts. States rely on eachother for survival. If LA really is serious about this boycott, then I agree with AZ on cutting of power. If they want a full boycott, then they need to cut off the power because that's a service they get from AZ.
    onthegoturbo

Answer by onthegoturbo at 2:05 PM on May. 19, 2010

• How is AZ childish??? Have you READ the letter. He does NOT threaten to turn OFF their power. He said....

" If an economic boycott is truly what you desire, I will be happy to encourage Arizona utilities to renegotiate your power agreements so Los Angeles no longer receives any power from Arizona-based generation." 

I think this a VERY mature response to Los Angeles' idiocy.   He is GIVING them the opportunity to follow through with THEIR immaturity.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:12 PM on May. 19, 2010

• LA (and Cali) also get water from AZ and they keep some of their prisoners in AZ, among other services provided by AZ. So this goes way beyond just the power issue. I don't see this as childish or high school-ish, except on the part of LA, which is merely reacting like a spoiled child without thinking through the entire situation.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:28 PM on May. 19, 2010