Fluid on lungs, heart with the elderly

I just found out that my grandmother is in the hospital. She has fluid on her lungs and heart and blood in her stomach. They're keeping her to do testing, but she's stable.

What can cause this? The only thing that I've been able to find on Google is heart failure. Is that the only thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Health

• i had a child who had kidney failure and they were always checking for that... kidney issues make it so you bloat and i think that it can get in your lungs from that too. kidney failure is much better than heart failure - just dialasis... / transplants... i hope she is okay. cant you just ask your family what is the cause/ diagnosis?
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:42 PM on May. 19, 2010

• My grandmother had these kinds of issues due to congestive heart failure. The good news is that CHF is (to a certain extent) treatable and patients can be kept stable on medications. My grandmother did eventually pass away, but she lived with CHF for several years before she did. Wishing your grandma the best of luck!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:45 PM on May. 19, 2010

• AmaliaD, we're waiting to hear from family what the doctors say. They haven't gotten a diagnosis back yet. My aunt called as soon as they got her admitted, so no test results are back yet.
    Anonymous