Should Americans do the same as Mexicans when it comes to pollution?

For example, cars that have a license plate ending in 5 or 6 cannot drive
their cars on Mondays, cars that have a license plate ending in 7 or 8 cannot drive their cars on
Tuesdays, and so forth. The hours of the program are from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. According to
Davis (2008), there are vehicles that are exempted from the program, such as taxis, buses, police
cars, ambulances, fire trucks, commercial vehicles operating with liquid propane gas, and
commercial vehicles transporting perishable goods. Since the program took effect,
approximately 460,000 vehicles per day have been “out of service” for one day of the week
(Davis 2008).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I personally would be upset if America did this. I work an hour from home, and we do not have a Metro bus that comes out to my house, so how would I get to work, besides paying an outrageous cab fee? Plus, I agree with whoever said that it would be giving the government too much power over us. No thank you.
    momofamonkey83

Answer by momofamonkey83 at 1:43 PM on May. 19, 2010

• No. How would we get to work?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:37 PM on May. 19, 2010

• No, we still need to work. Some of us work 45 min. to 1 hour away. That is just not possible. I don't want the government telling me when and where I should drive. Do you?
    Anonymous

• Nope, that's giving the government too much power over us.
    onthegoturbo

Answer by onthegoturbo at 1:39 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Mexicans have done this for over two decades.
    Anonymous

• I'd do it. I can always carpool if it means cleaner air.
    Anonymous

• I personally would be upset if America did this.

You'd be one of the exceptions.
    Anonymous

• Great idea, i guess, even though its a bit much.. But what did the govnt do to help people get around?
    Where I live my husband works 45min away & NO ONE he works with lives in our town so no carpooling there.. so how would he get to work, take a taxi?!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:56 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Its to flawed. Its a great idea but will nevr work and will screw a lot of the working americans
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:01 PM on May. 19, 2010

• How would you get to work? OMFG, think outside the box- Typical. Ignorance. Entitled. No one told you to move to BFNW.

I question how we could be a superpower, when so few have the ability to problem solve.

Anonymous