How do you get a pool of melted crayons out of the plastic door handle in a car?

My niece left her crayons in the door handle of my sister brand new SUV, and they melted into an extremely hard pool. She tried to "chisel" the crayon clump out, but she had no luck. Is there anything that might disolve the crayon enough to loosen it up to pry it out, without hurting the plastic of the car and all that mess?

momofamonkey83

Asked by momofamonkey83 at 1:40 PM on May. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sounds like that mess is there for good!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:41 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Wait for a really hot day that the windows are shut, and try wiping it out. If it melted in to the glob, it may melt again. I'd just wait until then.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:43 PM on May. 19, 2010

• that happened to me.. I could never figure out a way to get it out. THen I got in a car accident and they replaced the door -- not how I'd recommend doing it though.
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 2:49 PM on May. 19, 2010

• have you tired goo gone?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:31 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I've heard that ice can help remove crayon, not sure how you'd go about it but give it a try.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 4:37 PM on May. 19, 2010

• If you can pop the piece from the door handle out, do so and then put it in the freezer. I am so sorry this happened!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:22 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Just a thought - maybe once the freezing weather comes back you'll be able to pop it out?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:04 PM on May. 20, 2010