At what point to I give up and apply for Disability

I have numerous health problems and they are only going to get worse...my Husband believes in hard work no matter what your problem is....has told me it's time to consider applying for it.
I am VERY limited to how long I can work..I definatly cannot pull off a 30 hour week much less 40.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Health

• You can still work AND get disability. I don't remember how many hours, but you can. I would apply before it's too late. Most people get rejected the first time. After a rejection you can get an attorney to help. And I highly recommend it. Otherwise you could be fighting for it for years.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:50 PM on May. 21, 2010

• I would say apply, but be prepared for a long, drawn out process
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:46 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Know harm in trying to get disaability.

Answer by louise2 at 1:51 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Disability is very hard to be approved for. You can try applying now, while you work at least PT, but chances are you'll be denied completely. What are your medical problems, if you don't mind me asking?
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 2:42 PM on May. 19, 2010

• maybe we can help with the medical issues...i say never give up on your health!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:02 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Apply. It takes about 3 to 5 months to get a decision. Sometimes they will deny you for some lame reason, but if you can provide proof through your doctors, medical testing, etc, it will just make it easier to prove your not being able to work. Good luck.
    goldilocks70

Answer by goldilocks70 at 3:10 PM on May. 19, 2010