Average weight and height for a 15.5 year old boy? If you have a 15/16 year old boy what do they weigh?

My brother-in-law will be 16 in October. He weighs 70 lbs and is 5 ft tall. He had RSV when he was and infant and nearly died. He was on oxygen for a year. His lungs are damaged and the specialists said it can cause him to not be hungry so he wont eat. He has to be told and reminded to eat. His mom got him some protein powder to mix and make a shake to gain weight. Its something used by body builders. This is how he got to 70 lbs. He has been 62 lbs. for a few years. He looks like a 10 year old at most. He is being bullied at school and has poor self esteem. His parents wont take him back to the specialist. He was supposed to have more test run several years ago.
You can see his collar and shoulder bones. You can see his ribs from the front and back. He looks pitiful. His clothes just hang on him
So how much does your teen weight and do you know the average weight and height?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Average is between 135 and 140,so he's HALF of what he should be
    Anonymous

• My son is almost 17 and is five ft eight and weighs 145.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:06 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Op.
    Thanks foe your answers. This kid is afraid he has missed some big growth spurts and will stay small forever. I took him to the Dr. last year and the he told my husband and I we should follow up with a specialist a few hours away. He said he could hear fluid in his lungs and could tell their was damage just by the was it sounded. We told the Dr. we would tell his mom. We are afraid it has gotten worse. He can't play, run, or do any activity for more than a few minutes without having to sit down and being out of breath and completly drained.
    Anonymous

• Sorry,but most likely unless he gets some decent nutrition into him, he probably WONT get much taller. That ship has sailed. most males are done growing height wise by 17-19. He needs to gain at least 50 lbs by 18 to even be ON the chart.(120 lbs)
    Anonymous

• My son is 15 and he's 5'6 & 115lbs. It all depends on the child. Your brother-in-law has some issues so of course he wouldn't be of average. I hope he gets better. Geez kids could be so mean sometimes. I so hate bullies.
    Anonymous

• My 14 1/2 yr old is 5' 4" and weighs 100 lbs. The line between normal and underweight is 107 lbs. The doctor has asked him to gain weight. At 19 my husband was 6' and 145 lbs. So I'm not worried. My son will eventually fill out. Hubby has a spare tire. Hopefully our son won't fill out that much! BTW my husband grew another 3 inches after I meet him. And my dad grew after he turned 18 as well. Feed the boy. Ensure is probably a better choice than protein powder.
    Anonymous

• My son is 13 and he is 5'7" and weighs 110. My other son is just now 11 and is 5'7" and weighs 150. I think it is all in how they are built. But yes, 70 lbs is very underweight for a boy that age. Did the mom take him back to the dr? I would just be concerned there is something medical going on that needs to be taken care of ASAP.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:13 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Also, high fat dairy, healthy proteins, and whole grains are essential to his diet, so making sure he is getting those things even through shakes would be a good start.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:14 PM on May. 19, 2010

• It varies. At 15 1/2 my 23yo was 5ft. 4, my 22yo was 5ft.2, my 19yo was 5ft. 7 ans my 18yo was 5ft. 2. At 23, 22, 19 and 18 they are 5ft. 10, 5ft.7, 6ft.1 and 5ft. 6 1/2. weight wise varies, too. My 19yo is 160# and my 18yo is 175#. I have no idea what my older 2 weigh. You can't blanket statement teens. It depends on what they eat, how physically active they are (my sons are all very physically active), how inactive they are, etc..
    Anonymous

• My 13 yr old son is 5 ft tall and weighs 130 lbs. SOMEONE needs to get your BIL to a specialist and find out what is going on. If his parents won't then call social services, this could be considered medical neglect.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:39 PM on May. 19, 2010