Need a solution!

So a few months ago DH and I lent my Grandma $1000 and she said she would pay us back in April, well April came my Grandma said she was moving into a new place (she was living with my dad after she lost her house) and needed the money for deposit she said she would pay back in May. I just got off the phone with her and she said she is going thru bankruptcy and her wages are being garnished and cant pay us back, she doesnt even know when she can. DH and I were expecting that money to pay our bills, so how can I get roughly $600 in 2 weeks?? We have never been put in this situation and are VERY careful with our finances, just need a lil help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• make sure your grandma knows what kind of a situation she has put you in...if she has any resources at all, maybe she will get you some of the money at least.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:53 PM on May. 19, 2010

• As my parents say never a borrower or a lender be. I don't know how to help you out of this situation. Talk to your father, mother your dh's family. It is really a difficult situation to be in. The simple answer is that there is no simple answer. Lesson learned do not loan money if you don't have it to give away.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:25 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I agree, never loan money that you need to pay your bills, if its extra do what you want with it, but never expect it back, especially from someone who just lost their house. But Im sure you know that now. Now if you are desperate to pay your bills there are a few solutions for you, ask one of your parents, do what you can to make money in these two weeks you can go donate plasma two times a week, so if both you and your husband do it it would be like 160 dollars in the two weeks. I know I would hate it, but have thought about it before. If the money you need is for particular bills, then you can go and talk to your church if you are in one, and a lot of times they have programs set up to help people with their bills, my parents volunteered doing it, and they like to have people ask before they are so deep in a whole they cant get out. If you dont go to church you can still call around and ask other ones. If your husband
    Anonymous

• is handy, maybe see if someone you know needs some work done that they would be willing to pay him for, you could even offer to do a babysitting night so parents can get out to friends you know. Good luck! Ask for help if you need it.
    Anonymous