So I'm very over weight. An trying to get pregos!

I'm trying to have an other baby. I'm very over weight. I weight the same when I went in to laber the first time around. It wasn't a high risk or anything! She I be fine? What do you think!

marcy2115

Asked by marcy2115 at 2:21 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Depends on what that weight actually is. Higher starting weight means higher risk of high blood pressure and gestational diabetes which can be hard on you and the baby.
    Anonymous

• I suggest getting to a healthy weight before TTC. Not only will you have a healthier pregnancy but TTC will be easier too. I'm a chubby preggo lady right now and it sucks because I didn't look pregnant til like 5 minutes ago. If I ever have more...I will def. lose weight 1st.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:28 PM on May. 19, 2010

• there are definately more potential for risk in pregnancy when you are overweight, but its not a gaurantee by anymeans. it can also be more difficult to become pregnant when you are overweight. if you are having trouble, loosing some weight may help.

i am also overweight. i weighed 20lbs more when i got pregnant this time than i did that day i delivered my daughter. but now, at almost 32 weeks, i am 7 lb below my starting pregnancy weight,which is good. my blood pressure and blood sugar have been better this time than they were w my first. i have had significantly more discomfort thoguh, which i think can mostly be attributed to my weight.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 2:29 PM on May. 19, 2010

• girl im going through the same thing ur going through,but in me i had a misscarriage because not only of my weight but because i didn't know that i had problems with my insulin, so my dr. told me that i should start loosing weight and control my insulin it doesn't mean that i have diabetes it just means that im in that path if i don't take care of myself. so i recommend go to ur dr. and have him check everything on u, to find out what's going on. GL
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 2:32 PM on May. 19, 2010

• We plan on having kids this year but I have like 100 lbs. I been over weight my hole life so I don't feel like high blood pressure an diabetes would of him me a long time ago! Ill pray thanks lady's!
    marcy2115

Answer by marcy2115 at 2:32 PM on May. 19, 2010

• It is more dangerous and it will be harder to get pregnant. It would be helpful to try and loose weight first. If you do not loose weight at least make sure you are eating healthy foods and taking folic acid supplements. Those are the general rules for anyone that is TTC, if you are already doing so then you should be good to go =) Make sure that you monitor your blood pressure and keep up with prenatal visits and you should be fine, Good Luck!!!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 2:35 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Thank so much. There hope!
    marcy2115

Answer by marcy2115 at 3:05 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Thats something you need to talk with your doctor about. Every person is different. I am a heavy woman and i had a pretty scoff free pregnancy.(i did not get pregnant on purpose..lol..) I had a slight case of gestational diabetes BUT its hereditery in my family. My mother, grandmothers on both sides and all 9 aunts but one have had it. And most of them werent large. So i was doomed either way. lol. I never had high blood pressure, or any discomfort. Nor did my weight gain go crazy. I was one pound heavier then i was when i got pregnant. I lost weight throughout the pregnancy actually and then gaines it back by the end. Plus a pound. At my 6 week checkup i was 32lb below pre pregnancy weight. My doctor was never once concerned. I am overweight, but im also active. And she knew that. My son was healthy as a horse. I say talk to your o.b. first.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 3:18 PM on May. 19, 2010