Why??

Do some Bible followers beleive that our laws and the world at large should follow them in their beleives, why do some feel that it is their way and everyone else is wrong? and if they don't, they consider them, to caving in to sin? Why is it so hard for those who follow the Bible to accept that their beleives are not universal for everyone? Specially in the laws of this country where personal beleives should have no bearing on laws.

Asked by older at 2:27 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I don't understand it either. I believe what I believe for myself....not for anyone else. I could care less what others believe...until it starts to dictate how I or anyone else lives. THen it's not personal beliefs, but a religous dictatorship that I do not wish to be part of and NOT what this country was founded on.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:11 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I am not a Christian, but I used to be. I believe that the reason is because that religion basically tells you that it IS the only true religion. Other religions may be tolerant of other paths, but it is inherent to Christianity that it is the ONLY true religion. Ergo, people who are Christian usually believe that all society should follow the one true religion and all laws should follow the one true religion.

It is difficult for someone to be a strict Christian and to also believe that other religions can be valid. If they believe that other paths are also true, then they are not true Christians. One reason I do not call myself a Christian anymore.
    FemRising

Answer by FemRising at 2:30 PM on May. 19, 2010

• It's beliefs, not beleives. Just thought you'd like to know.
    Anonymous

• You could say the same about atheists for the most part. doesn't matter what religion/non-religion. Everyone thinks they are right.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 2:34 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I'm a Christian, and I believe in separation of church and state. I'm also a liberal. My relationship with Christ is true to me. and I believe in it. Honestly, it's none of my business what someone else believes. I'll pray for them though.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 2:35 PM on May. 19, 2010

• thank you anon for the correction.

Answer by older at 2:37 PM on May. 19, 2010

• missbreezy, I do understand that everyone thinks they are right but why judge the rest of the world if they belief differently?Why can't they just apply it to their own individual lives?and leave the rest to each his own.

Answer by older at 2:40 PM on May. 19, 2010

• You have free will, as does everyone else. I share the promises of Yahweh in everlasting life, and eternity of peace. But those are not just handed to you without effort on your part [contrary to the lies that are taught.] The death of the Messiah is free, he took on our sins so that we may have a bridge to build a relationship with Yahweh and to show we are his children, but just claiming it is not enough. You must also have deeds to back up your faith and that is where sacrifice comes in. If ever lasting life and eternity of peace is not worth sacrificing all the lies and false teachings of this world, to you or anyone else? Than this life and death will be all you get. Simple as that. The truth has been made known throughout the ages. No one has an excuse. To prove yourself an enemy of Yahweh comes with consequences, ones that I am sure everyone knows [second death].

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 2:44 PM on May. 19, 2010

• So when judgement time comes by the one and only judge Yahweh. You will have no excuse to use of not knowing the truth. No one should tell anyone they will go to hell, but that is where all enemies of Yahweh will go. Lake of fire for people, and lake of sulfer for the evil one and his false prophet, and beast. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 2:47 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Daphna28, you are doing exactly what I am questioning, you are telling me if I do not beleive like you I am the enemy and therefore will go to hell, why can't just keep those beliefs for those who think and feel like you do, instead of imposing them on those who don't? I thought judging is a sin, isn't it?

Answer by older at 2:52 PM on May. 19, 2010