potty training.. still another question

My son is 3 and we've been working on potty training now for 2 weeks. I tried a couple of times before this but with no luck so we waited. So far, he pees on the potty more often than in his pants but I set a timer and take him regularly (as do his teachers) For those of you who's kids didn't train in a short time, how long did it take for your child to start to know when he/she had to go (vs having to take them)? How long did it take for them to be able to go longer periods of time between peeing? (Right now I take him roughly hourly..)

momofryan07

Asked by momofryan07 at 2:27 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It took my 1st one a couple months to really get it all down. My 2nd is a bit of a handful. We've been training for over 7 months and he still couldn't care less. They'll do it when they're ready. It isn't worth the stress to force, or to sit and wonder how long it's going to take. Chances are that your child won't be getting on the bus for the 1st day of school sporting diapers. GL
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 2:32 PM on May. 19, 2010