has anyone else gone through a phase after having a child where you were terrified of getting pregnant again?

I have an 8 month old and I'm absolutely terrified at the thought of getting pregnant again lol. I didn't have a bad pregnancy, bad labor or anything. I went fast, no epidural and gave birth in less than 3 hours so no trauma there. She was a great baby, didn't cry much, no colic, and slept through the night by 2 months. So what's my deal? I have an IUD and we use condoms every time as well but I feel so paranoid all the time, I take tests even though I know I'm not and I'm almost to the point where I just don't even want to have sex anymore! AhHhh.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes! I DO NOT want to be pregnant again any time soon, I get my iud next week. I did not have a bad pregnancy either, but at my 39 week appointment I developed pre eclampsia and was sent to the hospital in an ambulance and induced. my hubby missed our daughter's birth by 30 hours, he was getting on a plane in kuwait to come home when she was born. Then add in the fun of recovering and saying bye to him all over again so he could go back to iraq when our baby was 2 weeks old. No thanks, no more babies for me for a long long time
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:38 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I was like that for a while after I had my now two year old. My twins are only 19 months older than her, so I was scared to death of getting pregnant again right after she was born. But then when we decided to start ttc, it took forever to get pregnant! lol.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:40 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Yes. I had my 3rd baby shortly after my 2nd turned 1. I could not even enjoy sex because all I could think about during was how badly I did not want to get pregnant again. It went away and I got more rational about it. Hang in there.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:44 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I'm already terrified of getting pregnant again and I am still 7 months pregnant with number 2. Number 2 is going to be very close to number 1 (15m). I was on the pill AND using condoms when we conceived number two so I am terrified to get pregnant again.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 3:01 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Yup, I tell my hubby I have PTSD from my pregnancy, I was sick the whole time, puked twice a day & wanted to the other times.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 3:32 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Oh man, yes! After my first, I did not ever never ever never ever never never never want to do that shit again. I had a very traumatic delivery though. I got past it and had another baby 5 years later w/o a hitch.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:27 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I am right now!!! over a year after having my LO i am still not on BC because i dont want the excuse to have sex!!! I know its the wrong way of thinking but in my mind i see if i am not on BC then i could become pregnant so i wont have sex so i wont have a chance of becoming pregnant!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on May. 20, 2010