SAHM for the summer..need ideas

I just finished school and currently not working(looking) will only be working parttime when i do find something. i am going crazy. i never have stayed home all day every day with a small child. i moved into a new home about a year ago but after the organizing is done and such what can I do? i mean i need ideas. inexspensive ones please help. do you have a routine? anything is more then appreciated. thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on May. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Keep up on daily chore; laundry, cleaning, etc. Alot of SAHM make a cleaning scedual to keep more organized. I like taking my kids to the petting zoo, park, pool, or just playing out in the yard if we're short on money to go out. If its a rainy day you can do play-do, coloring, or a movie day inside. Right now I don't have a scedual for my kids, but I'm in the process of making one. Hopefully the summer can go smooth with one.
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 2:40 PM on May. 19, 2010

• she doesn't do playdo or color yet she is only 14months old. she plays with other things. i am in the process of cleaning up a backscreenporch for a place for her to play. i do not have a backyard. i am just going crazy at the moment and i just been out of school a week. but thanks for the information. i have new respect for stay at home moms. but truthfully i can not do it for long term. its short term for me. i can't wait to return to work. i am sure the summer will go by fast and i will regret the complaining. i am just not use to it. i guess it takes some time to get use to the change.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 2:45 PM on May. 19, 2010

• go to park, the pool, sidewalk chalk, library story time, make your own popsicles out of juice
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:46 PM on May. 19, 2010

• the public library is great. around here there is weekly entertainment for the kids. the beach, park. i have too many kids now, but we used to walk to different parks and playgrounds. i would pack snacks and water and walk up to 5 miles to get somewhere. it could take 1/2 a day depending on what we did!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:49 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Read a book, garden, go for long walks with the kiddo, go to the park, bake, experiment with cooking new meals ... Depending on how old your child is you could color, play with blocks, trucks, dress up, read to them (for any age child), make macaroni art, finger paint, draw with them, watch movies ... You can do chores. That's always exciting ......

I see she's 14 months, which is a perfect time to start teaching her, her colors, numbers, alphabet. You can teach her how to color, you can play bally, play chase around the house. You can build big towers out of blocks and run cars into them, seeing which car knocks them over. My son and I did that this morning. You can make up songs. My son is 19months, and he and my mom made up a song together. Simply "Da Da Daaaaaa Da-da da-da daaaa" And he added "Ooooo" at the end of it just recently. Have her help you clean. You can also make your own playdough with her.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:55 PM on May. 19, 2010

• thanks. i saw that one time on tv to make the own playdough. ediable playdoe would be great. i guess i have to get a little creative and see what happens. i love the library activities. its just the thing is everything is so far away from where i am. i guess the pool in the warmer weather and beach will be great. i guess becaue its still so cold i am getting a little spring fever. thanks everyone for your ideas.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 3:29 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Google your city or county, with the words free and kids

Answer by rkoloms at 3:34 PM on May. 19, 2010