Would you be willing to give up your car if public transportation was more readily available everywhere?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 2:34 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Darn I wonder how people all over the world, get around, shop, parent, run errands and travel without cars?

Anonymous

• Not completely.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 2:37 PM on May. 19, 2010

• No. I do not feel that most public transportation is baby safe. What if the bus is crowded and I end up having to stand with my LO's or squish into a seat with them on my lap? Most public transportation does not provide car seats/booster seats and I do not feel that is safe. If it were just me then I probably would consider it.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 2:37 PM on May. 19, 2010

• We have a Park n Ride ramp where you can park and take a bus to downtown Minneapolis , a LONG ride. I would do that. But I wouldn't give up my car. I would need it to get to the Ramp, you know! LOL.
    Yes,and to go to the Dr or shopping at the Grocery store. Have you ever tried to grocery shop and take the bus home with 5 or 6 bags of heavy groceries? LOL. Really, how could anyone ever give up their car completely????
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:40 PM on May. 19, 2010

• 50% of the time, I have no access to a car. I walk, bike, bus and train everywhere. This is in Chicago where it does snow and is occasionally quite cold. Yes, I have no problem using MT.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:41 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Right now there is only commuter service from my rural area into the capitol where there are stores, drs, dentists, etc. I use it to get back and forth to work. If there were more regular service that could get me to my appointments and errands without a minimum six hour block of time spent in town, I'd happily use the bus any time I needed to go to town. Hopefully as the commuter service which is new is being well utilized they will add more times to the schedule and make the bus more usable.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:43 PM on May. 19, 2010

• yes. i mean, YES!
    i loved it when i lived in London!
    moms did fine with strollers on the trains.
    i loved being able to walk to the grocery store too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:43 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I would use public transport more often, but I wouldn't give up my car. If there's an emergency, if I want to travel to my family's home, or what have you I would need my car. However, as I said, I would use public transport more often.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:48 PM on May. 19, 2010

• no
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:49 PM on May. 19, 2010

• no, we live in a semi rural area where the public transportation is extremely lacking. It's a four hour trip to make it to a city fifteen minutes a way. a two hour ordeal to take a ten minute trip to the grocery store. The system would have to be built up to be more realistic.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:50 PM on May. 19, 2010