Are Democrats really this freakin dumb

Should someone tell the Mayor from LA that California has a very similar illegal immigration law on their books?
After being asked about the AZ commissioner's offer to renegotiate Arizona's electron distribution in Los Angeles the mayor said this

Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa is in Washington D.C., meeting with Mexican President Felipe Calderon, but his deputy chief of staff issued the following statement: "The mayor stands strongly behind the city council and he will not respond to threats from the state that has isolated itself from an America that values freedom, liberty and basic civil rights."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local-beat/Power-Play-Over-Immigration-Law-94251079.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• There was NO THREAT. It's just like the dang law...no one is READING it. The letter says

If an economic boycott is truly what you desire, I will be happy to encourage Arizona utilities to renegotiate your power agreements so Los Angeles no longer receives any power from Arizona-based generation"

The AZ people are ONLY trying to help the guy stand by HIS asinine little stunt. He wants to boycott...HERE they will HELP you :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:52 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Another loser who needs to be gone next election, if not sooner.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:53 PM on May. 19, 2010

• you want to answer for all errant Repugs?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:59 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Auto...I am going to guess if she DID she would have ASKED ;) Pretty sure she was probably just focused on THIS issue here :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:01 PM on May. 19, 2010

• no, she was extrapolating the actions of one to the entire party.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:11 PM on May. 19, 2010

He needs to be gone. But do you think the LA liberals will do that? They will insert fingers in ears every-time it is brought up that California has strikingly similar laws and they will sing, "I can't hear you, I can't hear you, I can't hear you, I can't hear you". Then when asked if they are protesting the Federal Laws that AZ has mirrored, they will add a, "LA LA L A LA LA LA" to their repertoire...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:16 PM on May. 19, 2010

• "They will insert fingers in ears every-time it is brought up that California has strikingly similar laws and they will sing, "I can't hear you, I can't hear you, I can't hear you, I can't hear you". Then when asked if they are protesting the Federal Laws that AZ has mirrored, they will add a, "LA LA L A LA LA LA" to their repertoire..."

LMAO! I've certainly seen that here!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:25 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I've been trying to get answers about the inconsistency and haven't gotten ONE yet.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:39 PM on May. 19, 2010

• If she WANTED a repub Q she would have TYPED one. Your keyboard isnt broke...YOU type on. In the meantime how about you answer THIS question or just skip it over :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:53 PM on May. 19, 2010

• In California YES they are stupid. I lived there for over 40-years and it was sad to leave, But I had to.

They are destroying California for votes!!!!! Has not a thing to do with helping people and you are saps to think that they care!!

gammie

Answer by gammie at 4:18 PM on May. 19, 2010