Calling all EXTREME movie buffs!! I need help!

Ok, so I'm trying to remember the name of a movie I saw in 2008. I watched it at home, so I don't know if it ever came out in theaters. It may have been an independent film. It was extremely graphic and was set in Africa. From what I remember, there was a tribe of people being held by another tribe. To earn their freedom, they had to do all sorts of battles and attempts at escaping. One of the "challenges" was to run across a large field while having spears thrown at you. If you made it to the other side, you were free. There were also scenes where some of the "slaves" were led up the stairs of huge pyramid type structures to the "leader" where they were beheaded and their blood used in sacrifices.. I'd like to say at this point that I did not choose this movie! Oh, and it had very little speaking in it and what was said was not in English, so there were subtitles. This is driving me crazy! Please help!!!

Megs5384

Asked by Megs5384 at 3:07 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Entertainment

• i got nothing

have you tried imdb.com
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:08 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Yes, I've tried that site... I don't have enough info to do a good search though. I also tried youtube and searched for movie trailers for that year. And Wikipedia for a list of movies released that year.. I'm at my wits end here! I'm hoping some one on here can help me...
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 3:11 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I am making it my mission to find out for you.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 3:36 PM on May. 19, 2010

• my husband is saying apocalypto.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 3:40 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Apocalypto I think, but it was from 2006, it sounds almost exactly like it.
    newmommie091

Answer by newmommie091 at 3:40 PM on May. 19, 2010

• YES!!!!!!! That was it!!!! I just looked it up and watched the movie trailer for it!! Thank you so so so so so so so much! It was literally starting to make me crazy!!! lol.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 4:21 PM on May. 19, 2010