How can I cope with graduate shool and a 2 1/2 and 4 year old?

I am currently a part time grad student. I am taking on line courses which can be very time consuming. I find my self snapping at my two small children more often. I am attempting to potty train the 2 1/2 bc he needs to be trained by Oct. in order to get into a parttime preschool program. I am currently feeling overwhelmed because as a stay at home mom i can not get any of my work done until my husband comes home at night. My kids are at the stage where they want to challenge everything i tell them. And sometimes I have very little patience. So I end up loosing my cool and yelling at them. I want to know if any one has any advice on how to keep my cool with my babies. I love them dearly and do not want to make our experience a negative one, since they will be going to school full time, a year from now. I also am aware that yelling or constantly nagging can have negative effects of children. So what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• This is a great example of why we need to live in real neighborhoods. There are two families on our block we are very close with. We trade child care and meals (cook one, get three).

Answer by rkoloms at 3:22 PM on May. 19, 2010

• It's tough... that's for sure. I work FT, am 2 weeks from graduating from nursing school (go at night), raise 2 kids, and I'm pregnant. My only advice is to ask for help and if someone offers you any kind of help, snatch it up and appreciate it.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:24 PM on May. 19, 2010