WTH!???! Is this REALLY HAPPENING???

Coast Guard and BP threaten journalists with arrest for documenting oil spill
Oil washes up on shore today, but journalists beware: If you are caught photographing, you will be arrested. CBS documents its encounter this morning.
Tue, May 18 2010 at 11:49 PM EST

Contacts in Louisiana have given me numerous, unconfirmed reports of cameras and cell phones being confiscated, scientists with monitoring equipment being turned away, and local reporters blocked from access to public lands impacted by the oil spill. But today CBS News got it on video, along with a bone-chilling statement by a Coast Guard official:

Go to link for video statement; and rest of article!!! What the hell is going on down there???!!!!???!

beachmamaof2

Asked by beachmamaof2 at 3:13 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 3:14 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Something to watch, for sure. I don't trust O's people, but I still have faith that the military of whatever branch will do the right thing. Oh, those tar balls found on FL's keys are NOT from the BP spill/leak.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:28 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Oh, those tar balls found on FL's keys are NOT from the BP spill/leak.
    _________
    Yep saw that notice this morning...but with everything it was good to check & be sure...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 3:32 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I understand that they are checking every single one they find. Which is good, we do need to know how this thing is spreading.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:48 PM on May. 19, 2010

• if they do not want journalists documenting oil spill, that is because they do not want us to see or know what is happen.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:59 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Welcome to our Government.... the one that likes to hide the truth from its people.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:05 PM on May. 19, 2010

• That's the kind of TRANSPARENCY Obama promised, right?! LOL! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:10 PM on May. 19, 2010

• aww those poor sea turtles!!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:12 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Doesn't bother me because i don't believe a word the lamestreet media or the government say. The less there is for them to have to report on the lessthere is that I have to try and figure out if it's for real.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:25 PM on May. 19, 2010

• How is this Obama's fault?
    You people believe every thing you read and from Rush Limbaugh??, the pathetic liberal hater. I'm not impressed.

These are not facts, just a poorly written article stating they have "contacts" in Louisiana taking cameras away. By no way is this proof of a conspiracy. You just want to call it one because you have no life and want to blame BP's horrible disaster on someone you hate.
    Anonymous