Potty Train does it go out the door time to time!

So Im a stay at home mom. By daughter Is 2 1/2 years old. She been great with potty training with me for a year now. With no problem.... I know its my job. But I get so mad cause everyone that's around her don't encourage her, they just keeps a diaper on her an don't want to bother with it. Her dad, grandmas, my sister. I can't be there 24/7 all the time.... I had it what should I do.....

marcy2115

Asked by marcy2115 at 3:25 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would stop buying the diapers or pull ups. I can agree that sometimes it is easier to leave the child with the diaper on specially if you are running errands.
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 3:29 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I think that you need to have a serious talk with your family. First of all, your husband needs to get on board with this. Going back and forth is confusing for a child. Either you all do or you all don't. That's like you telling your child they can have icecream in bed and your hubby saying no. You and hubby need to be consistent. THEN, you need to have a good talk with your family. They are lazy if it's "just easier to put a diaper on him". Part of potty training is learning how to hold it...when you put a diaper on him, he no longer has to hold it and can regress. We went all or nothing. I put waterproof pads in her carseat and put undies on her. pull ups only at naptime and bed until she was dry for 2 weeks solid, then pullups were gone. you can't half-ass potty training if the child is willing to learn.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:49 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Thanks lady's! Ya that why I was so mad cause she is so good!
    marcy2115

Answer by marcy2115 at 5:37 PM on May. 19, 2010