Can it be done??

Okay lets try an experiment here. I want to know what laws should be up in the eyes of a non-believer for this country. One rule: You cannot use anything out of the bible period. Golden rule, ten commandments, seven year grace [every seven years all debt wiped clean] yeah that too is from the Good book. And I would kindly ask that everyone explain how they feel this would help mankind as a whole.
And I am not going to wast my time arguing if the golden rule has pagan roots or not. My belief in Yahweh says he made everything first including the ten commands a.k.a GOLDEN RULE. And please don't try to mimic or copy Yahweh's laws. This will only prove his way is best. Blessings..

Daphna28

Asked by Daphna28 at 3:31 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• bow downI like sugahmamma's answers best. I do not agree with some of them, but she took the time to answer me, instead of either trying to change the subject, argue, or insulting what I believe. My hat goes off to you. If only there were more like you around. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 8:17 PM on May. 19, 2010

• It's really simple. My rights end where yours begin. Laws don't exist to enforce morality. They exist to protect each individual citizen.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:39 PM on May. 19, 2010

• What?
    rain408

Answer by rain408 at 3:42 PM on May. 19, 2010

• smiles @ Julie... God's laws do the same.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:42 PM on May. 19, 2010

• The thing is, you are under the impression that all those rules found in your bible are the first time they ever appear in history. Sorry to inform you but most ancient cultures and religions that existed BEFORE the Hebrews had similar if not the same rules. I'm not going to do your research for you though because I think he need to learn on your own- so google away or go to the library PLEASE.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:43 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Same thing, Julie, same thing, treat others as you would be treated(Golden rule)
    I agree Yahweh's laws are perfect and timeless, blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 3:44 PM on May. 19, 2010

• No, not the same thing at all. Murder isn't illegal because your god says not to kill. Murder is illegal because you're infringing on the rights of another American citizen.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:48 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Hey! I agreed! Yahweh's laws are perfect and timeless. It is the only laws for mankind to ever follow to be prosperous, happy, joyful, and peaceful.

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 3:52 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I mean they are the only laws for mankind to follow and so on. Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 3:53 PM on May. 19, 2010

• What a disappointment. Here I was hoping you were asking a serious question. I'm talking about the laws in this country, which offer different protection for our citizens than the laws of other countries. These laws have nothing to do with your god, or any other gods or goddesses.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:56 PM on May. 19, 2010