Did you do things as a kid that you would DIE if your children do???

Growing up, I dated ppl older than me. (Alot older). I snuck out of the house... I drank (I did drink but never drank and drive) . I smoked ciggarettes. I had sex early. lol. I could go on and on and my parents were amazing parents. They were very strict and always talked about saving yourself and the junk we tell our kids. LOL. Now that my son is 13... I'm starting to freak out and wonder if he's going to be like me. Do you ever worry about that? And I wasn't a bad kid and I NEVER got into trouble, but I guess I was a typical teen! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Snuck out the house. Smoked weed. Experimented with sex.

Anonymous

• uhm...I snuck out of the house, snuck boys into the house (lol), drank and replaced the vodka with water, called myself off from school for a whole week before I got caught, had sex early. yes, I worry about my teenagers doing all this all I can hope is that I've been open enough with them about my mistakes and make them feel comfortable to come talk to me. My teenagers are 13 and 14 my son will be going to high school soon, overall he's a good kid but high school is a whole different ball park!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:39 PM on May. 19, 2010

• No. I was so boring and good you would barf if I told you how my teenage years were. So I won't bore you. I was "pure". LOL.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:42 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Yep, I worry about it. My friends and I used to jump off the tops off garages, we would try to make parachutes out of sheets.I don't know how we are alive. When I spent the night at my friends house and her mom would go out,leaving us there alone we would play truth or dare and end up running up and down the street butt naked with a blanket wrapped around us and flashing people as they drove by in their cars, almost made a guy on a motorcycle wreck once,lol. Had sex at 15.Cut school.Shoplifted.Put wine coolers in cherry 7 up bottles and kept in my locker at school to drink.Other than that, I was a pretty good kid,lol. I was always on honor role and made the national honors society.How? I have no clue, I never even studied and barely turned in any homework,lol.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I did about the same things you did and I pray that mine will not. I have a 15yr old son & 14yr old daughter and so far so good, but I'm scared just like you that they'll do the same. Unfortunately I can't prevent them from doing it, but with our talks about drugs, sex, etc. I hope some of that sinks in so they can make better choices than I did.
    Anonymous

• Oh man, I did the same stuff as a lot of you... He isn't datin til he's 30 lol. but my babe is only 3 months, I have a long time to worry about it. Right now, it's my little brother, he's 13... and when I went to visit my mom, I saw he had been lookin at all kinds of crazy porn on the computer. I freak out about him, I can't imagine how I'm gonna be when Colton gets older. Jeeeez.
    MrsDex

Answer by MrsDex at 3:47 PM on May. 19, 2010

• You name it, I did it..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 3:50 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I did alot of crazy crap. Do I worry about the things they WILL do. Nope I'm to busy worrying about the things they DO already. lol. I worry bout other ppl harming them. Wanting to take advantage of them. I know that there is a possibility that they will do the same things dh and I have. But unlike our parents, we have and will always keep the lines of communication open. When I asked my mom about sex she simply said, "You'll bleed and die and i'll know your a whore." When I talked to my dad about smoking he simply said, "Do it and i'lll disown you." When I talked to my mom about boys she would reply by grabbing my hair and beating my with several objects around the house (Iron, telephone cord, my inline skates, etc...) I've learned from thier mistakes. I just hope my kids are willing to talk to me about it before trying it.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:55 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Nope, I was a good kid and I expect the same from my kids.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:15 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I sure hope he doesn't grow up like me. I spent my Friday and Sunday nights at bible study groups.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:37 PM on May. 19, 2010