Did your child read

the Left Behind series for kids?

I bought it for my nephew who is 10. Spent quite a bit on the series after researching. they are strict and homeschool so I thought it was a good educational gift. She told me she wasnt allowing him to read it becasue it has a small section where it implies the guys takes pills or something to "slip away" because he is left behind. anyone else have a problem with these books..they only have good reviews and she tends to be WAY over the top.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• You're kidding? Right? *shakes head*

My parents introduced my DD to them, and she hated them. Would rather read Harry Potter...

See, she proves my point about people HS for religious purposes, it should be illegal.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:59 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Yes - my 10 year old is in the process of reading the series currently, I think he's on book #5. I am reading each one before he does (so I can fully answer any questions he may have) and I haven't seen anything in there that I would object to.

Answer by missanc at 4:02 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Obby did you think the books were bad? Seriously my SIL is so perfect no one can be around her or her kids..

Anonymous

• yeah lets not let them read the bible either.. what would we do if they seen the part when Jesus was crucified?
    Oh yeah the kid will try to crucify some one at school.
    Ugh, when will parents learn if you teach your kids they won't try to mimic what they see in movies or shows or read in books. It is called parenting you talk to them and what they and read.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 4:06 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I havent read the childs book.. but i read the adult version.... I dont know why anyone would with hold that book from anyone!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:06 PM on May. 19, 2010

• missanc-thanks I felt bad when she said that but honestly I had only heard good things about the books. I dont think they made it very far before she took the books from him. Did you think it aluded to suicide in a bad way...like it would give kids ideas?
    Anonymous