is this true?

Ok, my sister always has crazy opnions about how to raise a baby or whats right or wrong in pregnancy and birth... I never know whats true or whats just bull on what she says.

She told me yesterday that you cant drive or ride in a car for a week after you have a baby because your bladder would fall out of place if you stop short or drive over to many bumps...?

Sounds pretty scary to me if thats true cause you have to ride home from the hospital and always have the baby to their new born check up within the first few days.

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not true. When Kiwi was born, we drove almost two hours to the hospital she was transferred to. All you need to worry about it stopping for walking breaks to avoid blood clots if you take a long drive.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:00 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Nope. That's not true.

How the hell are you supposed to get home from the hospital? Lol.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:00 PM on May. 19, 2010

• old wives tale, but entertaining
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:00 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Nope. She's wrong. Unless you have a c-section, you can drive fairly shortly after giving birth.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 4:02 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Not true, a prolapsed bladder can happen but that can happen to any woman.. I have never had a Dr tell me not to drive, maybe if you have a c-section and on pain meds they might caution you. I am not sure about after a c-section but with my vaginal births they never told me that and I had 3.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:02 PM on May. 19, 2010

• lol... so how exactly did she get home from the hospital?
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 4:06 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Thats what i thought. Lol. I dont know where she comes up with this stuff.
    This came up in conversation cause my baby is. 5 days old and we are in the process of moving an hour away and have been driving back and forth and she actually got pretty angry at me for driving that far.

Lol thanks
    Anonymous

• lol! you aren't supposed to drive for 2 weeks, but riding in a car is no problem :) she doesn't even really make sense, but very entertaining!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:48 PM on May. 19, 2010

• You cant drive for 2 weeks after a c section. But i live an hour from the hospital and rode in the car for like two hours when coming home because we had to make stops for a couple things. And i and the baby both had appointments when he was week old. (me to get my staples out and his 1 week check). So that was another 2 hour round trip car ride....And my bladder is up where it belongs..lol.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:56 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Oh jeez, she's full of sh**.
    Anonymous