Which sun block is better for a 4 month old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• None. Sunscreen is recommended for babies 6 months of age and over. Under 6 months, just keep the baby out of the sun - big sunhats, umbrellas, etc.

Answer by missanc at 4:03 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Read this article: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/819117/the_6_best_sunscreen_products_for_infants.html?cat=25

It rates the top 5 sunscreens for babies and toddlers.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 4:04 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Absolutely none before age 6 months at least. It is not recommended....keep baby covered and out of the sun. Their skin is too delicate for that. And I took my son to Florida for a week during the summer he was 4 months....never used sunscreen and he was in the ocean and we went to Sea World. Never had an issue.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:10 PM on May. 19, 2010

• None. Babies under 6 months are not supposed to have sunscreen at all. You should keep baby out of direct sunlight.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 4:11 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I have super fair skin and grew up on a boat. My family all likes Banana Boat the best. Get one that is for babies or kids because it's a little gentler. A fair baby can even burn in the shade (UV rays can bounce up from the ground and burn you with indirect sunlight). While a baby under 6 months is not supposed to wear sunscreen, all of mine did on ocassion starting at 3 months. It sure beats burning.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:08 PM on May. 19, 2010

• My doctor told me to put sunscreen on my son at his 1 month appointment. (he was born in june). I used the water babies stick kind.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:47 PM on May. 19, 2010

• My doctor said that the only one safe to use is Coppertone Water Babies. I thought it was not safe for babies under 6 months too, so I try to keep him out of the sun with a hat on, but if we absolutely had too, I have some sunscreen for him.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 6:48 PM on May. 19, 2010

• None under 6 months.
    Anonymous