For moms of girls, would you be upset if your daughter's boyfriend's mom talked to your daughter about birth control?

If it came up in general conversation between boyfriends mom, boyfriend, and your daughter.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on May. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think I initially would be upset about it but be glad that my daughter talked to someone about it and I would definitley go from there and have a discussion with her on the topic myself.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:04 PM on May. 19, 2010

• No I wouldn't. I would be mad if I found out she talked to my daughter about it and she didn't tell me.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:04 PM on May. 19, 2010

• No I would not be upset..kids cant get enough talking to. Hopefully she was open with you as well.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:05 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Nope, not at all. I would be relieved that his mom is realistic, open, and can talk to them about things like that.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:16 PM on May. 19, 2010

• nope. because there is nothing she could say that my daughter will have not already heard from me. :0) Plus it means she is talking to her son about it to. That means they are both informed.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:32 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Probably not, but it would depend on the context. If it was a reminder to both the kids that they had better be careful, then I'd be glad she brought it up. If I felt she was trying to push contraception on my daughter when the relationship was not near that stage I might be worried that it seemed like she was pushing them into having sex. If my daughter was very young I would be very upset, but of course if she was very young she wouldn't have a boyfriend.
    Anonymous

• I think I would be a lil upset, but not by much.. I think I would be upset at the fact she was thinking about sex, but be happy that she would know about birth control.. I would just hope she would come to me afterward t talk about it some more..
    LillysMama0308

Answer by LillysMama0308 at 7:30 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Not at all. I'd only be upset if she learned something new because that would either mean that she was way too young for the material being discussed or that I'd missed a topic I should have covered already.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:49 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Nope, not in the least!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:29 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I will be the lone respondent to say yes, I would be upset. By talking to my daughter about birth control with the boyfriend present and me not present, she would basically be assuming that I have not taught her about the subject adequately. It also implies that the kids are having sex, or plan to have sex. The BF's mom should at the very least let me know that the subject came up, and what was said. She should also let me know if she thinks they are having sex. We will be encouraging abstinence, but still teaching about the pros and cons of all types of birth control that are available. It is not the other parent's job to teach my kids in this area.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:11 PM on May. 19, 2010