How was your second pregnancy and birth different from your first?

KayLundy3

Asked by KayLundy3 at 4:15 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'll let you know come November about the birth part... but so far I have been WAY more sick with this baby!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 4:17 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I had NO pregnancy symtoms with my first other than no periods and not being to able to eat food with the slightest bit of grease. This one I am tired, get dizzy often, have nausea etc. The birth idk yet, ill let you know in december.

Also I didn't start showing until 5 month with my son, this time i was showing at` 7 weeks.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 4:21 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I had a c-section with my first. Vaginal with my second.

Answer by louise2 at 4:27 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Same as louise2, I have a c-sections first and then a vbac second and third time. Second pregnancy I was much bigger and the first! My belly just exploded and she was bigger than her brother.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 4:34 PM on May. 19, 2010

• They weren't. The only difference in my pregnancies was that I got much more heartburn in my second pregnancy. Other than that the pregnancies were the same. Both were delivered past their due dates...and everything was fine. First labor lasted 12 hrs and I hemmorhaged. 2nd labor lasted 9 hours and his cord was wrapped around his neck. But other than that...there was no differences really.
    Anonymous

• Im the complete opposite then mrsbean08 lol. I was sick all the time In my first pregnancy and with this one im not at all. Idk about the birth yet though until August. Also I started showing a lot sooner with my second!
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 5:30 PM on May. 19, 2010

• my 2nd pregnancy was much much harder. much worse nausea/vomiting, much worse pains and soreness. also it ended suddenly when i gave birth prematurely at 33 weeks

my 2nd birth was a lot different since i was freaking out hoping we could stop it, and also much faster. i was in active labor for about 3 hours, compared to 8 w// my 1st. both labors were pain-med-free, but the 2nd was more painful because i was strapped to monitors and then strapped to an ambulance gurney.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:12 PM on May. 19, 2010

• My first was 4 days of labor, 3 wks early, 20 min of pushing. The pregnancy was fine I guess, cant complain
    My 2nd was 2 days over due, 3 1/2 hrs of labor start to finish, only about 2-3 pushes The second was so hard because they are only 17 mo apart, I was miserable :( SO my first pregnancy was easier than the second. My second labor was easier than the first LoL
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 1:14 PM on May. 20, 2010