Do you agree that your weight and height should be part of a resume?

More than ever the nation needs to decrease the Health Care costs. One company in the US has initiated a program where employees enrolled in a fitness and health program. (employer pays for the program)
The employer is happy to report that the company have saved thousands of dollars on health care cost.
Heart problems, high pressure, had been associated with overweight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• Perhaps an overall health test, because height and weight alone don't always = healthy or unhealthy. There are healthy "fat" people who actually eat good food and exercise and have good cardiovascular health...and there are skinnies who chow down on burgers and fries all day and can hardly walk up a flight of stairs. This is for businesses obligated to buy health insurance for employees or those that demand physical strength like construction workers, etc...
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 8:21 PM on May. 19, 2010

• No, I don't agree to that unless the job is as a waitress at Hooters or a Cop or as a stripper or model or something like that.
    Anonymous

• no i dont agree but i think health programs r a good idea.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:43 PM on May. 19, 2010

Think for a moment. The employer is also reporting that every employee gets amount of money on their savings account as incentive to keep their "right" weight. Good Health and Money. What else could an employee ask for? OP
    Anonymous

• No, your height and weight is irrelevant to your ability to perform the job.
    If it is a hindrance THEN it becomes relevant but unless it directly effects the job it should not be included.

People who aren't the "ideal" height and weight get discriminated against enough. They shouldn't have to be passed over before even being interviewed for a job just because of someones personal opinion of their size.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 4:45 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I agree height and weight is irrelevant to job performance. Also, there are a lot of people who are overweight for medical reasons and it would be wrong (not to mention illegal) to deny them a job simply because they have a medical condition - of any kind.

I do agree, though, that it is a GREAT program. I believe all gyms and healthy foods, should be taxed/cost less.
    Anonymous

• I don't. DH's company has a similar program that rewards their employees for making healthier choices. We get a huge discount on a family gym membership.
    mommyerin02

Answer by mommyerin02 at 4:53 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I pretty sure asking for height and weight on a job app would be illegal because it could lead to discrimination. It's illegal for employers to discriminate based on sex, sexual orientation, age, race, pregnancy, disability and other factors, so this should fall into that category.

Besides, my height is visable when you see me. And my weight is nobody's business but my own.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:56 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Nope. First, it's against the law. Second, it's irrelevant to the ability to do the job. I read a lot of resumes that have too much crud in them anyway....I don't WANT to know your hobbies, darn it!

Answer by gdiamante at 5:27 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Sure.

If you don't like it you don't have to fill that job application; just go somewhere else.

The military have such standards.
    Anonymous