Parent's 40th Anniversary - party or no?

My parents will be celebrating their 40th anniversary this year. I know it is fairly common where I live for children to host a party or something for the 50th anniversary, but since my Dad's health is not great I am thinking we should do something this year. I'm thinking of getting my parents, my family, and my sister's family to all get a nice professional portrait done and then taking them and our extended family out for a nice lunch or dinner, or possibly having a party at my house. We've never really done anything for other anniversaries other than maybe a card. I've really only ever heard about parties for the 25th, and 50th and beyond. Does a 40th anniversary party sound strange?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i think it sounds nice and you are only inviting family or close friends so it seems fine to me. The photo is a relaly good idea and why not celebrate 40 years of marriage..that is a big deal these days. I say go for it!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:51 PM on May. 19, 2010