Does CafeMom admin automatically delete your posts after so much time has passed?

I was trying to find an old post of mine from about six months ago. I know it was still there a few days ago but when I went to access the post today, it was gone. In fact all of my posts are gone except for the one I made a few days ago.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on May. 19, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Are you talking about a post you STARTED or RESPONDED to? If you started the post, hover your mouse over the green "answers" tab above, and click on "my questions" then select to "see more." If you started the thread and closed it (selecting a best answer), then look in your "closed questions."

If you responded to a post, do the same as above, but click on "my answers" to see if you can find the post.

I am able to see both posts I started and responded to from a year ago. If you're a frequent poster/responder (like me! :o)) you may need to search for a while to find it.

If you think there is a post you will want to revisit, you can open the posting, and just below the body of the question, click on "add shortcut" then you will be able to go back to it from your home page, under the "shortcuts" window.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:01 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Forgot to add, if you responded to a post and the OP DELETED it or CM Admins deleted it, then it is, in fact gone. That happens from time to time when posts get "off track!" :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:02 PM on May. 19, 2010

• yeah these were posts in forums that I started and replied in as well. They weren't contoversial subjects either and had been around for the longest time but now they're gone. I guess the admin of the group must have deleted them then? Thanks for info on the shortcuts though - I wasnt aware of that.
    Anonymous

• Cafemom doesn't delete unless they have to even with drama posts they usually just lock it. In a lot of their groups there is a no delete policy. However, a lot of group owners and admins severely dislike older posts and often delete what they consider to be unnecessary posts. I don't like to delete, I always seem to need it later. Even in my new cm member resource group I just archive outdated posts rather than delete them.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:52 AM on May. 20, 2010