How can I get my mother to be more positive and uplifting to my daughter. She is very negative and I believe we can only been our children up with love and understanding

petunia102

Asked by petunia102 at 5:03 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Tell yout mother that if she isn't positive with your daughter, she won't be seeing her. YOU are the mother and YOU need to protect your daughter. I keep my negative people from my son, no matter who it is.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:37 PM on May. 19, 2010

• You tell her the old adage - if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:52 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Tough love, sounds like space needs to be drawn. You talk to your mother and tell her that don't like the negative around your family. She could refrain from it while your family is around. (I have been going through this, its very hard. My girls see my mom a few times a year she lives a mile from us.) Its sad, I love my mother very much. Wish she were a happier person for herself andher grandaughters. Good luck..
    BrandiSpear

Answer by BrandiSpear at 4:53 PM on May. 20, 2010

• You can't change your mom but you can tell your daughter that grandma has a negative attitude and for her (dd) to think positive thoughts. I agree with you btw

Answer by admckenzie at 6:00 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Probably your mother see something wrong but she dont know how to handle it in a positive way, talk to your mother and explain to her how your daughter feels that she likes you to be there for your kids but she need to do it in a positive way,good luck !
    cana337

Answer by cana337 at 11:36 PM on May. 22, 2010