Feeling Guilty: Is it bad that I'm counting down the days until I get to go back to work? Currently home with my 4 month old daughter...

Chloesmama10

Asked by Chloesmama10 at 5:04 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not at all. I'm counting the days until my daughter starts school. She's getting excited and just downright wired. It's perfectly normal to want a break.
    Anonymous

• it's pretty stressful taking care of an infant. id say that's normal.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:07 PM on May. 19, 2010

• its normal. i love my son & love spending time with him, but ive been home now for more then a year and i really need a break and a reason to get up get dressed and leave the houes. and a paycheck with my name on it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:09 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Quite normal in my book. Not all of us are cut out to stay home.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:10 PM on May. 19, 2010

• No. Taking care of a baby is hard to do and you need some time with other adults. I'm counting the days until I'm done with school and can work again. Of course ideally I'll still be able to do the work at home if it all goes right but at least I'll be getting paid again and will have money to get out more. We'll have more money and won't struggle nearly as much.
    Anonymous

• I was the same way! I was happy to hand my baby over to the nanny

Answer by rkoloms at 5:17 PM on May. 19, 2010

• This is making me feel a lot better! I purposely "planned" my pregnancy so that my daughter would be due in January and I could take 8 months off with her (I'm a teacher and won't go back to work until the next school year starts). I was so excited to have this time off and I guess I'm feeling not only guilty, but a little disappointed that I'm not enjoying this time as much as I thought I would. I love my daughter more than anything, but the days just seem to drag...
    Chloesmama10

Answer by Chloesmama10 at 5:20 PM on May. 19, 2010

• i agree i know we love our children to death but sometimes work gets us out of the house for a few hours to help us get distracted so no i dont think its bad
    lilangel_4206

Answer by lilangel_4206 at 12:48 AM on May. 20, 2010

• noo not at all everybody goes stir crazy and needs to c other people n have adult contact lol
    hotmama0820

Answer by hotmama0820 at 5:43 PM on May. 20, 2010