I'm getting tired of fixing the same stuff for lunch...any new ideas??

We usually either have sandwiches, pizza, leftovers, or soup....

Asked by queen_tut at 3:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Tortilla pizzas are a huge hit at my house. Take a wheat tortilla, spread a little olive oil on top, then add toppings...cheese, pepperoni, pineapple (no sauce..that will make it too soggy!) Then bake it in the oven for a few minutes until it's crispy, cut it like a pizza, then give them a small bowl of pizza sauce to dip it in...YUM!

Answer by Jessica_1717 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• go here this site is great! They have a section where you can put in the ingredients you have and it will come up with recipes that incorporate those ingredients. Good luck! I do childcare and a variety at lunch time is always hard!

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 3:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• That's a really great question! We have that problem, too. Sometimes I'll take one of the really big tortilla shells and layer it with lunch meat and cheese (you can put whatever u want on it) and roll it up, then slice it into little pinwheels. The kids love them b/c they're not the same old sandwich.

Answer by luvmy8kidsinIN at 4:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• My kids love flour tortilla shells with peanut butter spread on it, and folded over. My son asked me what I called them, and I asked him what he thinks we should name it. He said, "Peanut butter tacos!".

They also love those hotdogs wrapped in cresent rolls, with cheese inside.

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• we give our kids soybeans and then in a container we give them brocolii or on specail days they get jelly and mini marshmellow sandwiches horrible i know but thats a rarity or we give them tuna

Answer by Patience1 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Try making chicken salad with olive oil & honey, instead of mayo! It is soooo good! Just boil the chix and shred it-mix it with some honey, olive oil, purple grapes, & green pepper. Just eat it with crackers or on a wrap-I even like eating it by itself....ENJOY!!

Answer by remainpositive at 1:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2008