I'm getting tired of fixing the same stuff for lunch...any new ideas??

We usually either have sandwiches, pizza, leftovers, or soup....

queen_tut

Asked by queen_tut at 3:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Tortilla pizzas are a huge hit at my house. Take a wheat tortilla, spread a little olive oil on top, then add toppings...cheese, pepperoni, pineapple (no sauce..that will make it too soggy!) Then bake it in the oven for a few minutes until it's crispy, cut it like a pizza, then give them a small bowl of pizza sauce to dip it in...YUM!
    Jessica_1717

Answer by Jessica_1717 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• www.allrecipes.com go here this site is great! They have a section where you can put in the ingredients you have and it will come up with recipes that incorporate those ingredients. Good luck! I do childcare and a variety at lunch time is always hard!
    Nluvwitasailor

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 3:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• That's a really great question! We have that problem, too. Sometimes I'll take one of the really big tortilla shells and layer it with lunch meat and cheese (you can put whatever u want on it) and roll it up, then slice it into little pinwheels. The kids love them b/c they're not the same old sandwich.
    luvmy8kidsinIN

Answer by luvmy8kidsinIN at 4:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• My kids love flour tortilla shells with peanut butter spread on it, and folded over. My son asked me what I called them, and I asked him what he thinks we should name it. He said, "Peanut butter tacos!".

They also love those hotdogs wrapped in cresent rolls, with cheese inside.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• we give our kids soybeans and then in a container we give them brocolii or on specail days they get jelly and mini marshmellow sandwiches horrible i know but thats a rarity or we give them tuna
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Try making chicken salad with olive oil & honey, instead of mayo! It is soooo good! Just boil the chix and shred it-mix it with some honey, olive oil, purple grapes, & green pepper. Just eat it with crackers or on a wrap-I even like eating it by itself....ENJOY!!
    remainpositive

Answer by remainpositive at 1:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2008