Dont you ever just want to learn something new?

...about other religions and spirituality? Or do you think that what you know about your own is all you ever should/need to know?

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 5:24 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I find that if people only study ONE path, one way then that leads the mind to become stagnant and stuck. Education and understanding are vital to growth as a citizen of this universe. I firmly believe if we stop trying to learn that the mind will die.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:50 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I learn what I can, when I can... I question, read.. I have books on Christianity, Buddhism, Shintoism, Satanism etc... I love learnig new things, it helps me learn how to interact with others.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 5:27 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I think the more you know, you can make more informed, educated decisions. But if it is not in the Bible, its purely wrong. (IMO)
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 5:27 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I am always learning... it's my favorite thing to do...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:31 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I think that not learning about other beliefs is dangerous. Not that you need to devote yourself to every religion, but I find, as a Christian, that if you don't know or understand other's beliefs, you could become small-minded and judgemental. I think that's is wrong to assume anything about another faith without doing a little homework first.
    LisaG777

Answer by LisaG777 at 5:32 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Yes and I do every day when I read books about my own faith.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:05 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I used to think knowing my own was enough(when I was younger). Now Ive grown and realize its good to know about other beliefs.

I dont need to know every itty bitty thing about them but a good base works for me. If I have specific questions,etc then Ill ask.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:10 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Yes. I find so many things fascinating...especially religions and beliefs.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 7:23 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Yes I love learning something new especially religions. That's why I come on this site and why I read a lot about other beliefs.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:53 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Well seeing as how I view religion as a weapon of mass destruction, I really don't want to learn anymore about it. But I will research it if something catches my interest.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:54 PM on May. 19, 2010