Dry up???

My boyfriend really wants to take a night off and go camping but I'm still breastfeeding and I'm nervous it will affect my milk. My son still wakes up for feedings. Will I dry up from one night off?

Smash2021

Asked by Smash2021 at 5:35 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pump while you are gone. Or hand express. It may dry up a bit but not completely.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:37 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Take your baby with you.

If you arent't going to take your baby with you then you will have to pump or hand express. If you don't you will become engorged and/or milk is going to leak everywhere. You can get plugged ducts or a breast infection. Some babies won't take bottles. Some babies won't nurse again after their mothers have left them.

Breastfed babies can go camping, even tent camping. If nights are cold have your baby wear the right clothes and a hat and sleep with or next to you.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:40 PM on May. 19, 2010

• You won't dry up but you will likely be uncomfortable. Baby or pump comes with you.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:44 PM on May. 19, 2010

• no, but your boobs are going to make you pay big (no pun intended LOL) if you don't pump or nurse.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 5:57 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Doubtful. How old is the little one? I do agree that you will probably be uncomfortable, so you should express while you are away.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:58 PM on May. 19, 2010

• When my son was older I could skip about a day and a half before getting uncomfortable. A hand pump will work great to relieve the engorgement. Have fun :)

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 5:59 PM on May. 19, 2010

• He's five months old. He is used to formula because I supplement sometimes since I work full time. I don't mind pumping while I'm there I just know I'm not going to wake up in the middle of the night to pump. I want to bring him but our tent is a two man and too small for the three of us...can't afford a new tent yet :-(.
    Smash2021

Answer by Smash2021 at 6:02 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I'm confused. A five month old isn't that big.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:49 PM on May. 19, 2010