So the Church doesn't teach what you belief?

This is America there is freedom of Religion. If you don't agree with a Church's teaching then go start your own church or join one that shares your beliefs. There is no reason to disturb someone's Sunday Services just because that Church refuses to change it's teaching. UGH! Seriously, why? Why would anyone want to be a part of a group that does not believe what you believe and waste their energy on fighting it? Especially seeing we live in a country that has FREEDOM of religion. Freedom of Religion means I HAVE a right to MY beliefs too!!! DUH!

http://www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=36573&page=1

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• He is only standing up for his Faith and what it teaches. He will be persecuted for it and he knows it. It is a hard road to walk and a heavy cross to carry when you follow Christ. God has never changed. It is humane kind that tries to change God or tell God how the world should be. And if we have to keep our beliefs out of public schools, then keep your beliefs out of it too!
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 6:19 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I didn't read the article. But from what you are saying, I would generally have to agree... However, I think people tend to feel they NEED to fit in to some group, especially if they were raised that way. Whether or not that group agrees with the individual doesn't tend to matter when it comes down to "belonging." And some people are facing loosing their family and/or friends over leaving their church... But over all, I agree, if you aren't happy where you are, that means it isn't a good fit and you need to find where you do fit...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:49 PM on May. 19, 2010

• That article wasnt appealing to me so I didnt read it...but, I can say that homos/trannys and whoever else can go to church and believe what they choose up to a point.

I mean, if you were at a Catholic church and the minister began to speak about what a man should do to an unloyal wife, I think many would leave.

My point, SO WHAT. Yours?
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 5:57 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Bleh....the group is protesting for HUMAN RIGHTS

In Chicago Cardinal Francis George will be directly challenged in his Cathedral at the 11AM Mass.Cardinal Francis George of Chicago is one of the Vatican's generals in the war against Gay Families. Here is someone you should get to know because he would deny your right to employment, housing, marriage, adoption if you are Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:10 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I have no problem with people's religion as long as it stays within the CHURCH. BUT when it pours over into the rights of everyone....oh you bet I have issues with that. Keep your religion OUT of our employment, legal rights, PUBLIC schools, marriage, adoption etc.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:12 PM on May. 19, 2010