What do you do at times like this one??

My daughter has been having one of those days where NOTHING.. I mean NOTHING makes her happy. She asks for juice, so I pour some, then she freaks out because turns out she really didn't want it after all. She asks me to read a story, so I start reading and she freaks out because she doesn't want me to read a story. She asks to play dress up, and throws a kicking, screaming tantrum while i'm trying to put the dress on her. She asks to watch Dora, and screams and throws things at the TV because she "doesn't like" Dora. I don't get it, i'm about ready to pull my hair out, and i'm certainly getting tired of trying to kiss her butt when it's not doing any good!!

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 5:53 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Do virtually anything but kiss her butt. When those days happen my kids go straight to bed. They are getting nothing more then a good nap, because there is no way I'm going to spend my day bending over backwards for their bad attitude. Send her to bed and let the bad moods be over with. If she wakes up like that tell her to check her attitude before leaving that room, because it will not be tolerated. Do not by any means bend over backwards for that behaviour.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:48 PM on May. 19, 2010

• my dd doesnt usualy take a nap. but sometimes she just needs one. just like some days you are really tired. or maybe she doesnt feel well. dont kiss her butt in the least. if she is screaming at you she needs dicipline.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:19 PM on May. 19, 2010

• nap time! my dd does those EXACT same things! eventualy i tell her she can either take what i have given her or take a nap. if she cries about it, straight to bed!!!!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:57 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Quit kissing her butt. I just let her scream. Send her to her room.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:03 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Naps are obsolete these days. She hasn't taken a nap in over a year!! I suppose I could put her in her room and let her hash it out. I just wish she'd BE HAPPY!! lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 6:06 PM on May. 19, 2010

• go outside
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 6:08 PM on May. 19, 2010

• ^^its been storming all day =(
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 6:15 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Just put a movie on TV that she likes with the volume low and walk away. Act busy and she will probably go and do her own thing while she watches TV. When that happens with my 3 year old son, I put on Baby Einstein and the music seems to quiet him. I usually only let him watch calming TV shows. I find that Dora & Diego wind him up too much. And tomorrow is another day! Hang in there I know how you feel.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry that your daughter is acting this way but it's nice to hear I'm not alone. My son does this all the time, it is a constant battle with him about everything. Like the one of the other moms said I just usually tell him he gets these options or he can go sit on the couch until he gets rid of his attitude. She may be getting like this because of the weather too, being cramped in the house all day can be hard. I know where we are we haven't seen sunshine for almost two weeks. I guess yesterday was sunny but outside was so wet we couldn't really do much. My son did go fishing with one of his cousins though that helped! Try to hang in there I hope tomorrow is better for you!

Zara Nichols
    Helping Moms Work From Home
    www.4AHappyLife.com
    zaranichols

Answer by zaranichols at 10:24 PM on May. 19, 2010