My daughter has a mullet.

Am I supposed to trim her hair? She is 14 mos. and it is growing funny, she seriously has a mullet, but I thought I was supposed to just let it grow?! Do I trim it? What do other people do with their daughter's hair when it is barely growing in?

danielp

Asked by danielp at 6:17 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my daughter sprouted a mullet, I just trimmed it in the back to de-mullify it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:19 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I just let my LOs hair grow and she now has beautiful long curly hair at the age of 3. She has yet to get a hair cut and the front is definitely shorter then the back.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:53 PM on May. 19, 2010

• my sons hair gets that way. I just trim the back to even it out a bit! I dont even end up trimming that much.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 7:39 PM on May. 19, 2010

• it is just business in the front and a party in the back...No, really. My daughter has one and I am just letting it go. I figure it will look better someday.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:01 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Go ahead and trim it. There's nothing wrong with that it'll grow back out. Infact it'll help the front catch up with the back if you trim it. Only if you constantly trim it will her hair have issues growing, but one trim won't hurt it at all.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:37 PM on May. 19, 2010

• if she has curls and you want to keep them dnt cut it otherwise snip away! be sure to keep a few locks for the baby book and enjoy the time! if you stress, she may stress too. My daughter has cute hair, its flat in the front n top, bushy in the middle and curly at the bottom. i think the layers are cute and it gives me something to put in a ponytail (the bushy part).

~Syl~
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 11:29 PM on May. 19, 2010

• My 20 month old does, too. Our first daughter's hair grew in in a much more ... aesthetically pleasing way... and she's about to have her 3rd birthday and we're trying to talk her in to her first trim because the ends are a mess... I really wanted to wait a long time to cut the little one's hair, too, but I think we may just make the first haircut a sibling event. I think if it bothers you, give it a trim...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:07 PM on May. 20, 2010