What are these scabs on my dogs coat???

here in Texas has been hot lately... I noticed these scabie looking things on my dogs coat.
What could they be and HOW do I cure them?
Thx.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Pets

• Google it, or go take your dog to the vet.
    Anonymous

• could be hot spots. or some kind of mange. go to a vet supply store and ask them, they usually have something for both.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:26 PM on May. 19, 2010

• It could be mange which has a few different forms. Some are very dangerous and others are not so much. I would recommend taking the dog to the vet.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 6:42 PM on May. 19, 2010

• could be hot spots or mange (Depending on where the scabs are) or it could just be allergies. the best thing to do is take your dog to the vet where they will do a skin scrap and be able to diagnose properly.
    if it's hotspots, there are shampoo's you can bathe your dog in to take care of this; allergies can also be helped with medicine (if really bad) or just shampoo could help.
    If it's mange, could be really hard to cure depending on which type of mange it is. My dog has Genetic Mange (he lives with it and it's not contagious to humans or other animals) and this one is not so easy to cure...the other type of mange is easy to take care of but contagious to people and other pets.
    Good Luck
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 6:50 PM on May. 19, 2010

• First of all, take your dog to the vet.
    It is most likely fleas, which can affect the whole family.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:34 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Hot spots are caused by fleas so you need to treat for both if thats what it is.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:37 AM on May. 22, 2010