How do I keep my kids from sleeping in my bed?

When its time for bedtime I always have problems with my kids not staying in bed. Once I finally get to bed I always wake up the next morning with both of my kids in bed. I don't sleep well so when I do hit the bed, I hit it hard. So how do I keep them in their beds?

mommafarley

Asked by mommafarley at 6:29 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If you don't know they are there til morning about the only thing you can do is lock your door at night for about a week, not saying that will fix it but it will keep them out of your bed. I have one that still gets in bed with me sometimes and I don;t know til I wake up but I don;t mind LOL, he is the last one.. They may cry at your door if they can't get in so be ready for it.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:36 PM on May. 19, 2010

• We only allow our youngest in bed with us, as she is the only one that fits lol. But honestly, if our kids wake up and ask to sleep with us, we tell them to hit the floor. They have a sleeping bag under the bed and know to pull it out. Often times I have to check before getting out of bed to make sure my dd is not on the floor next to me sleeping. They don't even wake us up anymore. Just come in, pull out the sleeping bag and that's it. I know that is not getting them to sleep in their own beds, but at least they are not keeping me up all night.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 6:54 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Trust me, when they are teens they won't want to sleep with you. Enjoy this...

Answer by rkoloms at 7:42 PM on May. 19, 2010

• rkoloms... i know I am enjoying this a lot... but my husband works out of town a lot so when he is home and we try and have "us time" doesn't make it a lot of fun when they get in our bed. Plus you put two adults two kids and a dog its a pretty crowded bed.

ArmywifeMomof3 ... thank you I will try that.

midnightmoma... going to try that thank you .
    mommafarley

Answer by mommafarley at 10:38 PM on May. 19, 2010