Anyone try Up & UP brand (Target) formula?

Has anyone tried the UP & UP brand formula from Target? I am low on funds this month & WIC just cut our amount of formula so I was considering buying this brand for my son. If I could have some opinions on this formula from anyone who has tried it that would be great...I usually love the Up & Up brand (I use it for just about everything - from medicines to diapers) just weary about trying a new formula as we have been using the same brand for 7months now.

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 6:55 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I tried it and it was the same as the reg brand. I did end up switching to the walmart brand for awhile tho because same ingrediants but way cheaper. they are all pretty much the same. just make sure you read the side that says"compared to" like for example if its soy or compared to simalac or whatnot
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:01 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I have not personally( I EBFed), but a friend of mine used the Target brand when she could not afford the Similac. She said her daughter could not tell a difference.
    Anonymous

• Thanks! What is the Walmart brand? I rarely shop there anymore, are they the ones that carry Parent's Choice? I might try that one instead then if it's cheaper, I considered checking but they didn't list in online & I wont go in unless I know they have something I am looking for (ours is always WAY too crowded).
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 7:17 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Okay! Thank you both! Really wish I could have EBF'd, the bonding & the fact it is free... but at least I got some part-time BFing in at the beginning...If only I could just choose that over FFing at this moment...that would help...
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 7:19 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Before you switch formulas I'd check with the pediatrician. He'll know your child's specific dietary needs based on medical history and past blood work (if any). The only reason I say that is because some formulas have added iron and some do not. Iron is really important, but if your child gets too much it could cause constipation and in some cases even more severe reactions. Make sure your son's doc approves whatever you switch to.

PS I agree that Up&Up has some of the best generic stuff out there. I use a lot of their products.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:22 PM on May. 19, 2010

• His doc had already told me that I can switch whenever, as long as it says it compares to the two Enfamil formulas he usually drinks. I just never have. Thanks though, a lot of moms out there don't know to check that stuff so it is really helpful to put that out there. =)
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 7:29 PM on May. 19, 2010

• My doc told me the name and store brands were the same. I have given my son store brand and he doesnt seem to notice and hes healthy!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 8:11 PM on May. 19, 2010