Can you believe Rand Paul?

Horrible economy and he is having his victory party at a private country club.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2010/05/more_on_rand_paul.php

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Is he paying for it with his OWN money--or perhaps his supporters/campaign people are throwing it in his honor with THEIR money?!

Considering we have the biggest hypocrite in office when it comes to spending taxpayer money, I really think you need to try a little harder at finding a valid argument regarding wasteful spending--I could list several dozen that Obama has made in the past 16 months! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:25 PM on May. 19, 2010

• were we discussing Obama? NO.
    Anonymous

• Obama's election night party was estimated to cost $2 million.
    Anonymous

• I think the comparison is relevant because Obama preaches a redistribution of wealth, whereas Paul is on the Libertarian side of things and is more supportive of private folks keeping their private money.
    Anonymous

• Good for the country club employees.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:46 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Capitalizing random words is very annoying. It just makes your point look a little more ridiculous.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 7:48 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Depends on whose $$$ is funding the shindig. Of course, in tough economic times if you're running as a fiscal conservative (Libertarian) ,which I think he is, the message sent is questionable. Do as I say and all that BS- Just another one telling people want they want to hear, yet whose actions scream the exact opposite.

Anonymous

• He didn't use taxpayer money. If his campaign felt it best to hold his victory party there, I am sure the country club appreciated the money. I am sure he paid his tab in full... Unlike the DNC who still owed cities for Obama's shin-digs...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:52 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I bet it didn't cost near the tax dollars that Obamas inauguration did.
    Anonymous

• And he didn't invite me? jk. This isn't worth getting worked up over. You're just inviting the trolls to spew hatred.
    Anonymous