Helping a 2 yo with a cold sore! Please help!

DD woke up yesterday with a red "scratch" on her bottom lip. Today it has white dots in it and I'm sure it's a cold sore but how do I help her? I've never had one... do I use neosporn? Carmex? Leave it alone?? She says it's hurts and I've been looking online trying to figure out some way to help her but can't really find anything! The only thing I've found is they misdiagnosed her symptoms for hand foot and mouth disease 1.5 years ago but nothing on how to help her NOW! Anyone been through this and how did you deal with it!??!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Campho Phenique helps me a LOT when I get a fever blister/cold sore. It can be used on children 2 and older. I'd buy the liquid and use a cotton swab to dab it on the spot.

Good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:55 PM on May. 21, 2010