Is it wrong to ignore my mother in law's calls???

She calls me EVERYDAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, I have told her I am not a phone talker and she said she understands that yet she continues to call me everyday! And for no reason at all - just to talk!!!!! Am I wrong if I "missed her call and forgot to call back" for a night??? gaaahh!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If it's wrong I DON'T want to be right!!! ;o)
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 7:44 PM on May. 19, 2010

• ha ha ha mine calls me like once a month and i "missed it and was just so busy" i dont think one night is gonna hurt.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:45 PM on May. 19, 2010

• It'd be a little more ok if she only called for a minute when she needed to tell me something but to call me everyday and end up talking for at least 30 min. just drives me crazy.
    Anonymous

• It depends...Is she a stupid menopausal heiffer?
    Anonymous

• Holy Crap! We need to hook her up with my half sister! She does the same thing to me. I swear, she actually calls to tell me that she isn't doing anything! And I like to talk on the phone and can't stand it. I tried ignoring her calls and so she just decided to stop by to make sure everything was alright, lol. I recently learned a trick. I have a home phone, a business line and a cell phone so in order to get her off the phone I use the phone I'm not on to call the business line and she hears it ring and knows I have to go. Wish I'd learned that quicker, lol.

Anonymous

• Do you have another phone and call waiting? You could call yourself and tell her that you need to answer your beeps. Just an idea.

Anonymous

• LOL Anon 7:54!!! Hahahahaa that is great! Wish I had that!!! She lives many many many states away so I don't have to worry about her showing up!
    Anonymous

• It is wrong. You will miss her when she s gone and you will feel guilty remembering that you didn't want to talk with her. I don't get why it s so hard for you to talk to her?

AND THIS:
    7:51 PM on May. 19, 2010 by: Anonymous
    It depends...Is she a stupid menopausal heiffer?
    ***********
    SO wrong. So mean. You just don't talk about your MIL that way. It is sick. I miss my MIL...she died about 12 years ago. She was a sweet person.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:06 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Nah, I "miss" my MIL's calls all the time. She's starting to take the hint.

Even if DH is across the house and he can't make it, I'll open it, but not answer and take it to him. I don't want to talk to her hypochondriac-poor-me attitude. I just don't need any more negativity in my life.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 8:08 PM on May. 19, 2010

• It'a not wrong at all. I hate talking on the phone too. My SO's mom left a voicemail message, and I've yet to answer it. As much as I love my SO, I'm not friends with his mom. I only talk to her when it's absolutely necessary.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:15 PM on May. 19, 2010